the mirror is covered with dust & age is devouring the mind. my heart hungers for Lord Shiva; He shines like a sunrise to me. i open in His warm sweet light like rose petals from the tight bud. He is first & middle & last, the only focus that matters as the body nibbles at time. leaving the mirror behind me, i return the dust to the earth & face into the mystery as i hear His song calling me. He comes, He comes, my Lord Shiva! He is radiant with blessing! He sings me home, my heart is His. i cling to Him, my timeless Friend to whom i am betrothed: my Love!
my chair cradles & cuddles, easing the body & breath, a molecular lover, vehicle & companion on the journey to Shiva, He to whom i am betrothed. i am urged by the marrow deep within my very bones. He made me. He owns me. He has me now forever. i am made of His substance. i hear His call, i respond. my chair like an animal strains toward Him, wanting Him. everything wants Him now. all else is meaningless, dry, a dream to awaken from. Lord Shiva lives in my heart!
- to encourage anyone, anywhere, in their exploration of the spiritual path that calls to them even if others don’t understand. you are not alone.
- to inform other seekers that the regular writing of poetry about the relationship with your Deity of choice can enrich life tremendously. the same is true about painting and drawing images of the Deity of your choice. it can bring the relationship alive & facilitate deeper communion.
- to demonstrate that sincerity & devotion in this approach to the spiritual is fundamental & more essential than talent or skill in writing or art.
- to urge especially those who are in the latter years of life to deepen the focus on the nonphysical spiritual realm. poetry & art can help greatly with this.
- to express & fulfill my dedication & devotion to Shiva, who has shown me all that i have painted & written about. He began with the nonverbal intuitive paintings, continued with the verbal expressive poetry & now moves to the global cyber realm. this is my service to Shiva, the Deity of choice who guides my life. (essentially this is my sadhana journal & all the images are from my camera unless otherwise noted. all the poetry is syllabic: same number of syllables in each line.) may you be inspired & energized in your own explorations & journey! namaste!